This is a dairy free and gluten free (if you use gluten free oats) low sugar banana bread. If you prefer one with more sweetness you can add a couple of tablespoons of maple syrup or 100g coconut sugar.
4 large ripe bananas
75ml melted coconut oil
100ml unsweetened nut milk
200g pecans or walnuts
Handful of raisins or dates chopped up small
200g rolled oats (gluten free if desired)
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170/150 (fan)/gas mark 3
- Prepare a 900g / medium sized loaf tin with greaseproof paper
- Put pecans or walnuts on a baking tray and roast for 8-10 minutes in the oven
- When done, chop up roughly
- Whizz up the oats in a food processor until it becomes a flour
- Put into a bowl and mix in the baking powder and salt
- Put melted coconut oil, bananas and almond milk into food processor and blend.
- Pour liquid mixture onto oat mixture and stir in well. Mix in pecans / walnuts and dates / raisins.
- Pour into loaf pan
- Bake for around 1h10 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.