- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight in water in fridge or for 30 minutes in just boiled water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup warm water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Put ingredients in blender and blend on high. If too thick add a tablespoon of water and blend again.
Crispy chickpea topping:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed really well
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 200°C. Pour chickpeas on kitchen roll and rub them dry, then place in bowl. Add olive oil, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper, and stir to evenly coat chickpeas.
Pour chickpeas onto baking tray and spread them out so they are not crowded. Bake for 15 minutes, stir and bake for another 15 minutes.
- 2 bunches of curly kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped or torn into pieces
Place kale in large bowl, pour about ¾ of the dressing on it. Using your hands, spread dressing evenly on kale. Top with the chickpea croutons and serve immediately.